1. Entries will be accepted from players holding a certified WHS Handicap Index no higher than 18.0 at the time of entry for the competition, who are also Full Members of Lancashire for the current year.
2. Entries will be limited to 60. If more than 60 entries are received, the 60 lowest handicaps on the closing date will be accepted. Ties for the 60th place will be decided by ballot.
3. It will be obligatory for all competitors to use a ball named on the current R & A or USGA list of approved balls
4. Driving Clubs: The model and loft of any driver that the player carries must be listed on the current R & A or USGA list of Conforming Driver Heads.
5. There will be two rounds of 18 holes stroke play on the first day for which a draw shall decide the order of play.
6. The best 16 aggregate gross scores shall qualify for the match play stages of the Championship. Ties to be decided on the last 18, 9, 6, 3 or 1 hole(s) and if a tie still arises it shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3,or 1 hole(s) of the first nine holes of the second round. The next 16 aggregate gross scores shall qualify for the match play stages of the Plate, which is the second flight of the Championship. Ties to be decided on the last 18, 9, 6, 3 or 1 hole(s) and if a tie still arises it shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3,or 1 hole(s) of the first nine holes of the second round.
7. The draws for the Championship match play stages and the Plate match play stages shall be determined according to the Automatic Draw and shall be posted as soon as possible at the termination of play of the Qualifying rounds.
8. Each match, including the Finals shall consist of one round of 18 holes match play. The stipulated round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won. The designated extra holes are 1, 2, 17 & 18.
9. A match is determined to be final once the result has been agreed by the players on the final putting green. The winner of each match must give the signed result card to the appointed official directly the match is finished. Failure to comply renders the player liable to disqualification. In the case of a referee being assigned to a match, the result of that match is final when the referee announces the result on the final putting green.
10. Proof of handicap will be required for nett prizes awarded in conjunction with this Championship.
The contact for this competition is Margaret Milne (07973 461612)