1. Entries will be accepted from players holding a certified CONGU handicap of 20.4 or under at the time of entry for the competition, who are also Full Members of Lancashire for the current year.
2. Entries will be limited to 60. If more than 60 entries are received, the 60 lowest handicaps on the closing date will be accepted. Ties for the 60th place will be decided by ballot.
3. It will be obligatory for all competitors to use a ball named on the current R & A or USGA list of approved balls.
4. Driving Clubs: The model and loft of any driver that the player carries must be listed on the current R & A or USGA list of Conforming Driver Heads.
5. There will be two rounds of 18 holes stroke play.
6. A tie for the Championship will be decided by a play off. All other prizes to be decided on the last 18, 9, 6, 3 or 1 hole(s) and if a tie still arises it shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3,or 1 hole(s) of the first nine holes of the second round.
7. Proof of handicap will be required for nett prizes awarded in conjunction with this Championship.