The Inter‑Club Scratch Championship Shield was presented by Miss Florence Carr, and was first played for in 1905. It was the first County Competition when each club affiliated to the L.L.C.G.A. took part. These were: Formby, West Lancashire, Hesketh, Lytham St. Annes, West Derby and Worsley.
The Inter‑Club Handicap Trophy was presented by Mrs Maud Dean in 1939
The first County Championship was played at Formby in 1907 for the present Trophy, which was presented to Lancashire by Lady Derby, the handicap limit being 6. The Carr Gold Medal was donated by Mrs. G. Carr, mother of Florence for the lowest scratch score of the morning round. Only one round was played with 8 players qualifying for the Match play stages. From 1921 to 2016 the method of playing the Championship was when 16 players qualified from 36 holes stroke play for the match-play stages, and the handicap limit was raised to 12. In 1979 Mrs Jean Noble presented two gold badges that had belonged to her mother, Mrs Isabella Scott. These were mounted and are presented annually to the losing semi-finalists. In 2001, a second flight was introduced, called the Plate. The next best 16 players qualifiers from the 36 holes stroke play for the match play stages of the Plate, which was presented by Mrs Patsy Wolstenholme. In 2017 there will be one qualifying round of 18 holes to determine the match play stages.
The President's Handicap Tournament for the Challenge Cup (also presented by Lady Derby), was first played for in 1912. This event has now been renamed the Lancashire County Handicap Tournament and President’s Prize. In 2003 Mrs. Audrey Pratt represented a silver replica, which had been won by her mother Mrs. Maud Dean, in 1935, and this is presented to the runner-up annually. In 2004 Bury Golf Club Ladies’ Section re-presented to the County the silver replica which had been won by Mrs. A Harrison in 1933, and which had been discovered in Canada. This is presented annually to the player with the best gross score of the day in the qualifying round.
The Lancashire Scratch Shield was presented by Mrs. C.H.W. Clark in 1928 for a 7 a‑side team, with the winners in each of the 4 divisions of the County meeting in the semi‑finals and final. In 1983 this was altered to 5 a‑side, to be drawn in groups, with the eventual 4 winners of the groups meeting in the semi‑finals and final.
The Lancashire Handicap Shield was presented by Mrs. Issette Miller in 1928. This is played for by a team of 7, the winners in each of the four divisions of the County meeting in the semi‑final and final. In 2004, Ashton-under-Lyne Golf Club presented a salver to the County which is presented annually to the club that was runner-up in the Handicap Shield.
In 2004 the County started a new shields competition for players of between 20.5 and 35.9 handicaps and called it the Bronze Shield. The trophy, which was kindly donated by Mr Stan Stokes from Shaw Hill Golf Club, is played for annually by a team of 5, the winners from each of the four divisions of the County meeting in the Semi‑final and Final.
The County Handicap Foursomes Competition (The Scott-Leggatt Foursomes), is played for the Hilda Leggatt Trophy. This trophy was presented in 1952 by Mrs. Isabella Scott, Honorary Treasurer, in memory of her predecessor, Mrs. Hilda Leggatt, who held the office from 1914 until her death in 1951. The competition starts with a qualifying round on the players’ home course, leading to Divisional finals and a County final.
The Junior Challenge Cup donated by Mrs. Edith Smith was first played for in 1950 and is presented to the Junior Champion.
The Manning Plate was donated by Mrs. Jenny Manning in 1953, when her husband Jack Manning was President of Lancashire. A match is played each year for the Trophy, between the Lancashire Union Executive and the Ladies' Executive. The event first started in the 1950’s. However, a match between the men and the ladies began in the 1930’s.
The Lads and Lasses match is played between the Lancashire Ladies' and Laancashire Men's County teams. The format is match play, with foursomes in the morning and singles in the afternoon. In 1965 Mr. & Mrs. Norman Stewart donated a cup for this event. A new trophy was presented in 1997 by Mr. & Mrs. Sands Johnson.
In 1973 Mrs. Ann Howard suggested that the County Trials should be in the form of a match between the Captain’s and the President’s teams. Mrs. Howard gave a trophy to be presented to the winning team and the above format commenced in 1974.
The Junior County Trophy was donated in 1985 by Miss Ann Irvin and Mr. Tom Schofield for the Boys v. Girls County Match. The trophy is played for annually by the Juniors, and the format is match play, with foursomes in the morning and singles in the afternoon.
Dr. and Mrs. Benstead of Royal Birkdale donated the Frances Smith Trophy in memory of Mrs. Frances Smith. The event is open to all clubs in the Association, with one representative from each club competing annually in an 18 hole stroke play competition. The competition commenced in 1980.
The Elsie Corlett Summer Meeting commenced in 1989 as the result of a legacy to the County from Miss Corlett's estate. A salver was donated by Royal Lytham and St Annes Golf Club in 2001 in memory of Miss Elsie Corlett for the best nett score.